Effective leaders are proven to increase employee satisfaction and engagement—so to ensure continued success, it is vital for organizations to recognize and develop future leaders. The Kenexa® Leadership Preference Indicator (LPI) is a tool created for organizations wanting to identify the people most likely to emerge as successful future leaders in their organizations.
The LPI can be used at any level of management within your organization. It is a scalable solution for:
• Screening leadership talent—effectively identifies leadership preference in high volume selection/talent screening
• Job selection and recruitment—predicts the future potential of candidates for leadership roles based on preferences
• Succession/development planning—identify internal people with the potential to fill key leadership positions in the company
• Graduate recruitment—identify graduates with a natural preference towards leadership for targeted development
• Talent identification—identify high potentials within your organization for accelerated career development, guaranteeing a strong pipeline of future leaders
• Access strong, reliable and valid evidence
• Select either self-report or multi-rater format options to provide a robust measure of leadership preference
• Correlate known relationships to scientific models of personality and work interests
• Accurately separates individuals into leader, technical/ functional leader and technical excellence categories for selection, career development, talent management and succession planning
The LPI is an online, 28-item questionnaire that assesses whether a person’s preferences will allow him/her to emerge as a successful leader. It can be completed in approximate 7-10 minutes and individual and group reports are available. This short, valid and cost effective tool should be the first step in assessment of leadership development.